General Conditions of Participation
(1) The 15th Concours Géza Anda takes place from 27 May to 5 June 2021.
(2) Pianists of all nationalities born after 27 May 1989 are eligible.
(3) The Competition is divided into the following rounds:
1. First Round: Audition (max. 25 min.)
2. Second Round: Recital (55 min.)
3. Third Round: Mozart piano concerto with orchestra
4. Fourth Round (final concert): Piano concerto with orchestra
Candidates who are eliminated in any of the qualifying rounds are not permitted to go through to the next round.
(4) By submitting an application for the Competition, participants are bound by the decisions of the Jury as well as by the conditions of the Competition.
(5) All candidates undertake to participate free of charge in the live video streaming and in radio and/or television performances in relation to the Competition, which can also be viewed at www.geza-anda.ch. The final concert on 5 June 2021 will be recorded and broadcast live.
(6) Electronic applications must be made via www.geza-anda.ch by 31 January 2021 at the latest,
and must be accompanied by:
a) Curriculum vitae
b) 2 photos
c) A photocopy of the applicant’s passport
d) A video recording (submission possible as of 1 December 2020)
The Jury will decide whether to admit the applicant to the First Round on the basis of a video recording that must be uploaded to www.geza-anda.ch from 1 December 2020 until 31 January 2021 at the latest. This unedited recording should include the applicant’s own selection of works/movements of works from the Classical and Romantic periods and from Piano Literature of the early 20th century until ca 1945 (30 minutes), chosen as follows:
Video recordings of 10 minutes each:
Movement/work of the Piano Literature of the 18th century
Movement/work of the Piano Literature of the 19th century
Movement/work of the Piano Literature of the 20th century until ca 1945
The application becomes valid after payment of an entry fee of CHF 300. to:
Privatbank IHAG Zürich AG
Account Nr. 11562561.2002 in the name of Géza Anda-Stiftung
IBAN CH41 0852 8105 0117 9000 0
BC 8528 – Swift: IHZUCHZZXXX
Ref: Concours Géza Anda 2021
The candidates will be informed by 31 March 2021 if they have been accepted into the First Round of the Competition.
Those who are accepted must register at the
Musikschule Konservatorium Zürich MKZ
at 2 pm on 26 May 2021.
The registration fee will be refunded to those applicants who on the basis of their submitted video audition are not accepted for the First Round. Applicants who are accepted for the Competition will have their registration fee returned to them after the First Round in Zurich.
However, if a competitor withdraws from participation in the Competition, this fee will not be refunded.
(7) Travel and accommodation expenses are the responsibility of the participants. The Competition Secretary will gladly provide further information and can also help competitors to find accommodation and a place to practice.
A number of attractive private lodgings with good practice facilities will be available free of charge for those candidates who desire them. However, if a candidate withdraws from the Competition, he or she must immediately inform the person who had agreed to provide the private accommodation.
(8) Applications that do not correspond to the conditions of the Competition will be sent back to the candidate.
(9) Candidates who are prevented from participating are requested on organizational grounds to inform the Secretariat at least one month before the competition starts.Candidates who withdraw from the Concours Géza Anda more than once are barred from entering for a third time.
(10) The Jury is under no obligation to award prizes. The Jury’s decisions are irrevocable.
(11) The concert management provided cost-free and commission-free to the Prizewinners for the three years after the Concours will be organized according to an agreement to be reached between the competition office of the Géza Anda Foundation and the concert agencies (if applicable) of the 2021 Prizewinners. All participants agree to disclose their commitments to any concert agents before participating in the Concours.
for the 15th Concours Géza Anda
27 May to 5 June 2021
Applications must be made by 31 January 2021 via www.geza-anda.ch
This application only becomes valid after payment of the registration fee of CHF 300.-
to Privatbank IHAG Zürich AG, Bleicherweg 18, CH-8002 Zurich
Account: Nr. 11562561.2002 in the name of Géza Anda Foundation, Bleicherweg 18, CH-8002 Zurich/Switzerland
IBAN CH12 0852 8115 6256 1200 2
BIC 8528 – Swift: IHZUCHZZXXX
Ref: Concours Géza Anda 2021
Concours Géza Anda
Phone +41 44 205 14 23
Fax +41 44 205 14 29